loongson/pypi/: werkzeug-2.0.2 metadata and description
The comprehensive WSGI web application library.
Because this project isn't in the
no releases from root/pypi are included.
werkzeug German noun: “tool”. Etymology: werk (“work”), zeug (“stuff”)
Werkzeug is a comprehensive WSGI web application library. It began as a simple collection of various utilities for WSGI applications and has become one of the most advanced WSGI utility libraries.
- An interactive debugger that allows inspecting stack traces and source code in the browser with an interactive interpreter for any frame in the stack.
- A full-featured request object with objects to interact with headers, query args, form data, files, and cookies.
- A response object that can wrap other WSGI applications and handle streaming data.
- A routing system for matching URLs to endpoints and generating URLs for endpoints, with an extensible system for capturing variables from URLs.
- HTTP utilities to handle entity tags, cache control, dates, user agents, cookies, files, and more.
- A threaded WSGI server for use while developing applications locally.
- A test client for simulating HTTP requests during testing without requiring running a server.
Werkzeug doesn’t enforce any dependencies. It is up to the developer to choose a template engine, database adapter, and even how to handle requests. It can be used to build all sorts of end user applications such as blogs, wikis, or bulletin boards.
Flask wraps Werkzeug, using it to handle the details of WSGI while providing more structure and patterns for defining powerful applications.
Install and update using pip:
pip install -U Werkzeug
A Simple Example
from werkzeug.wrappers import Request, Response @Request.application def application(request): return Response('Hello, World!') if __name__ == '__main__': from werkzeug.serving import run_simple run_simple('localhost', 4000, application)
The Pallets organization develops and supports Werkzeug and other popular packages. In order to grow the community of contributors and users, and allow the maintainers to devote more time to the projects, please donate today.